About every second day, we go to Woolies to haemorrhage cash. Matisse loves the chance to play real, live shopping. We are there at around 8 in the morning so it's not very busy, and we get to take our time.
This is highly amusing to the shop attendants (who call Matisse "little Annie") and 90% of the other shoppers. The 10% that are cutting corners don't LOVE the fact they nearly cleaned up a toddler with a basket. Matisse has pretty much mastered steering the basket, but it has involved getting stuck on lots of corners, almost upending the worlds largest tic tac display, and sometimes leaving the basket in frustration when it's "too hebby" to pull to the 45 degree angle. My favourite bit was when I saw her kissing the basket "all better now" after it crashed into the dog food display.